Thursday, January 16, 2014

Practice Post

My name is Alex Padgett, but I have gone by Allie my whole life. Sometimes I forget Alex is even my real name. I have always lived here in Mobile Alabama, Although I was born in ocean springs, Mississippi. My major interests are my friends and family, I love to read and go see movies. I love the beach during the summer time, and I despise the cold.

I ended up at the university of south Alabama because it was very close to home. Here I could go to school and still live at home, while also staying close to my family and friends. If I graduate, I will be only the second person in my family to graduate college. My family is very small. and consists of all women. I originally wanted to be an ultra sound technician, but the ended up being way too much math and science for me. So I took some time to really think about something I felt I would enjoy doing. I ended up picking elementry education, because I have always loved to read, and I would love to instil that in young children. After I graduate with an education degree, I want to come back to South and become a certified reading coach. That would be my dream job.

My passions are my family, my friends, My kitten, the beach, music, and any time I have free time away from work and school. This is sophie and I sleeping after a long day of classes and work.

I am a family feud master, but i am an awful singer. I am a pretty good driver, but I cant park to save my life.

I was born with a heart condition, and when I was 15 months, my doctor told my mom I wasn't going to make it. Since then, I have had three major open heart surgeries, my most recent being about two years ago. I am very loving and friendly. Now you know me!

3 comments:

  1. I also think reading is a huge part in the life of children! I think you will be a great teacher because you have such a wonderful story to tell the children about your heart condition! They will really look up to you! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did not do Blog post #1. That is not a good way to start EDM310 even if Week 1 is a practice week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes sir. For whatever reason, I was confused about what was due when, but I understand now and that will not happen again.

      Delete