Thursday, April 17, 2014

blog post 12

I was really interested in what assistive technologies are out there that could benefit me as a teacher to help me reach all of my students. Being a public school teacher, you encounter many different kinds of students who all have different needs. I want to be able to connect to all my students, no matter their circumstances. One technology I found very useful were the talking calculators. This technology helps students who are vision impaired. I first learned about this device from the video Asssitive technologies for vision and hearing impaired children.

Ipad usage for the blind was also extremely helpful. I love that there are apps out there that I could use with my students to learn, that caters to the blind. Sort of like braille but for technology. No student should ever feel left out or confused because they have a disability. Assistive technologies are very important for the future of our children with these handicaps, and I hope that technology will continue to expand in that area. I hope that when I become a teacher, I work for a school system that makes these resources a top priority in their budget.

Using tchnology to learn

No comments:

Post a Comment