Saturday, April 26, 2014

C4T

For this weeks C4T, I was assigned to Jen Deyenberg's Blog. In her post, she talks about TodaysMeet, a chat tool that is clean and easy to use. She says that teachers can use it to create a space for students to share and contribute. There are no adds or sign up needed, but it does require they enter a name for accountability. In my comment, i said I think that this would be a great tool in the classroom. It gives students the opportunity to say things maybe they wouldn’t feel comfortable saying out loud. It would also be a good way to get kids to communicate/participate even after they’ve gone home. I would definitely be willing to use this tool in my future classroom.

kids chatting


In this weeks post, she talks about a site called "games for change" She says that while video games are very impactful for students, educational games are rarely more than a interactive work sheet. Games for change is a search engine for games that are based on all sorts of relevant, curriculum based games. There are many different types of games. Some are apps and some are web based. Some you have to install. She says to try them all out, cause you don't know what kind of technology your students will be using at home. In my comment, I said this seems like such a useful technology. Harder subjects probably come off as a little less intimidating when it is in the form of a fun game. I will definitely be using this technology in my classroom.

Teacher and student playing learning game

No comments:

Post a Comment