Sunday, February 23, 2014

Blog Post #6

Before this weeks assignment, I had never heard of a PLN. After reading this weeks material, I understand how important and beneficial a PLN can truly be. A PLN (or personal learning network) is the set of tools, people, and resources you use to help you as a teacher. It can be other teachers that you know and respect. It can be websites such as pinterest or twitter. There are many different online tools a teacher could rely on in their PLN. They can help you as a teacher because they give you people and different sites to help give you ideas, advice, or counsel when you need it. They also help you to keep all of the resources you love in one place.

You can create your own PLN by researching Symbaloo or Netvibes. These are two sites that make keeping up with all the people and things you want in your PLN much more manageable. The first additions to my PLN will be Jenny Luca, a teacher I was assigned to for my C4T, and also Mrs. Vitulli, who is an excellent teacher, and seems very knowledgeable and experienced as an elementary school teacher. I hope that as a progress in the education program, and then one day as a teacher, to add many many more people and sites to my PLN.

Welcome to my PLE

Building your PLN

useful PLN sites

1 comment:

  1. "You can create your own PLN by researching Symbaloo or Netvibes." Well, not create. Keep track of gets at it better.

    ReplyDelete