Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Jenny She's Blog Posts "You Got Snapped!" and "Ipads in My Classroom"

You Got Snapped!

For my first assignment, I had to read Jenny She's blog post "You Got Snapped!". In this post, she describes going over her class blog with her students when another student of hers takes her picture without her knowing it. The student then proclaims "You have been snapped!". After the student takes the picture, Ms. She asks to see,and instantly falls in love with the it. The picture, which she uploaded to her blog, is a picture of her standing with a student instructing her, while the student looks on excitedly. In my comment on her blog, I acknowledged the loving way she describes her children, and commented on the way she teaches constructive criticism as opposed to hateful or derogatory comments.

Jenny She's Class Blog

Ipads in My Classroom

In the second post I read by Jenny She, she describes being chosen to experiment with ipads in her classroom, and how effective it turned out to be. She starts the post by mentioning that hers was one of the very few classrooms chosen to participate in this experiment. She says that her initial reaction was very excited. She went on to download apps that were completely literacy, math, and learning oriented. Her kids loved it! She also says that her students were very successful and productive in using these ipads to learn and explore. When they were good, she says she would reward them with ipad games like word bingo. This was not only a game the kids would enjoy, but it was also something that was still educational. She said the ipad even served as incentive for children who sometimes misbehaved to be good. She says one morning she almost burst out laughing when a student comes to her and says "I have been really good today, can I go on the ipad twice?" In my comment, I say that I am impressed at her being a teacher who does not shy away from the use of technology in the classroom, and that it is evident in her posts how much her students seem to respect her. Also that I never realized how many learning based apps and games there are out there for younger children.

Child with an Ipad

No comments:

Post a Comment