Sunday, February 16, 2014

C4K Summary

Ethan

In my assignment, I was assigned to read Ethan's blog post. In Ethan's post, he talked about the strategy he used when creating a comic strip for Digital Learning Day. He describes the two sites he used, and why he liked which better. The two sites he compared in his post were Toondoo.com and makebeliefscomix.com. In the end he decided to go with Toondoo, because he says that there is a good variety of options and because it is a better option for the assignment they are working on. The one thing he says he likes about makebeliefscomix better is that it is a little bit easier to use. He also posts two comic strips that he created, one from each site.

Ethans Blog

Digital Learning Day Celebration


Jason

In my second post, I was assigned to read a blog post by a child named Jason. Jason wrote his post on a funny memory from his childhood. In this memory, he recalls a time when he went to his grandmothers house who owned a swimming pool. He asks his grandmother "Can I go swimming in your pool?". His grandmother says he can, as long as he goes and puts on his swimsuit. He went to go change, but got so anxious that he jumped right in the pool with his clothes on. His mom comes out and tells him to get out right then, and he says "no!". His mother tells him again, but he still refuses. She goes and gets his father, and he gets out right away. That was the end of the post. In my comment, I comment on his word choice, which was pretty good. I also comment on the pictures that he or his teacher scanned into the blog post that jason had drawn.

Jason's Blog

In my third C4K, I was assigned to read Ethan's blog again. In this weeks post, Ethan was talking about his experience of shopping for and purchasing a new laptop. He says his father researched laptops for a few weeks before they made the final decision. He said that they had finally picked out a laptop, but that he changed his mind last minute from the I3 processor to an I5 because it is faster. The laptop he picked turned out to be a little out of his price range, so he made a deal with his parents to work off half of it and get the other half as a birthday present. In my comment, I told him that I was very impressed with his knowledge of laptops and the way they work. I also told him that it was very mature that he researched the laptop he wanted, and also that he was willing to work to pay off half of it. I really enjoy reading Ethan's blog. He seems very sweet, and I hope to read more from him in the future.

In this weeks assignment, I was assigned to Jacob F's blog. In his post, he reviews the book Suck It Up. He says it is about vampires who live off a blood substitute for nutrition. The story changes when one of the vampires drink real blood and causes trouble. In my comment to Jacob, I told him that he did a good job of explaining the premise of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment